- “ And let us not forget about the "Electro Shock Undergarments" You invented last fall. ”
- ―Clank [ToD]
- “ Stunderwear! Huge seller on Umbris. ”
- ―Ratchet [ToD]
Umbris was a hot, dry, muddy desert planet tucked away deep in Umbris System in Solana, and was home to Qwark's headquarters. Covered in barbed wire fences, rapid fire machine gun turrets and legions of killer robots, Qwark's HQ made it clear that the self-proclaimed "superhero" liked his privacy.
HistoryAt some point, Qwark set up his headquarters here. Later, Ratchet and Clank came here in hopes of getting Qwark to help them save the galaxy. However, Qwark double-crossed them and forced them to fight his Blargian Snagglebeast in Umbris' underground lava caves. After defeating the Snagglebeast, they took Qwark's tour shuttle off the planet. After Qwark's supposed demise, his HQ on Umbris was put up for sale.
Ratchet & Clank
Characters on Umbris
- Umbris was the last known location of Ratchet's Courier ship, as he flew Qwark's tour shuttle off the planet rather than his own.
- In Tools of Destruction, Ratchet remarked that his Stunderwear was a 'huge seller' on Umbris.
- The sketchbook noted that it was meant to resemble a WWII battlefield.
- In the Demo Disc Demo of the game, in the Infobot for Umbris, during the "saved more civilization than any other hero" line, there is a picture of Qwark putting his finger inside a cracked dam with a sign saying "Leaky Dyke." This was cut from the final version, likely due to complaints. It can be seen in this video at 08:18:
- An orbital space station named Umbris Station existed.
- The planets Neptune and Saturn (of our solar system) could be seen in the skybox of the level, probably revealing that the Solana Galaxy was actually Milky Way.
- While fighting the Snagglebeast, the music that played was the same as the one that was featured on Zeldrin.
- When you return to this level after completing it, the Snagglebeast music will play instead of the original. It will reset to the original if you teleport back to the end of the level and then teleport back out.
- Ratchet & Clank (2002 game) (first appearance)