Ratchet: Oh no the steering's out! Shift your weight it'll bend the gravity coils!
Clank: This taxi's gravity coils appear to be operational perhaps shifting positions will steer the vehicle.
The air taxi was called at a stop by comet-striking a sign. Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious used it to pursue the Z'Grute. When it arrived, the heroes found that the steering was malfunctioned so that they took advantage of its gravity coils to drive the taxi by shifting their weight to either side of the taxi. More characters on the right side of the taxi would shift it to the right; this also applied to shift to the left and also to speed up and to slow down by shifting to the front and the rear, respectively.
The taxi had a health meter, and it had to avoid oncoming traffic from air cars otherwise it would be destroyed. The Z'Grute ended up destroying the taxi which left the heroes to fall down onto grind tubes below.
- If you look on the number plate of a Taxi, you would see flames instead of a number.
- Interestingly, on planet Mukow, there was a taxi to take Ratchet back to Aphelion by the arena. Using the charge boots Ratchet and just boost to the festival grounds below, saving time.
- Ratchet & Clank (2002 game) (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (Dreamtime only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (2016 game) (re-imagined Taxi)
- Ratchet & Clank (2016 movie) (re-imagined Taxi)