Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “ While the Taunter doesn't have offensive capacities, it's great for luring enemies into mines, forcefields, or simply into range of your other weapons. The Taunter will also activate any mines you've place into the environment, increasing their effective range. When used in together, Gadgetron's Mine Glove and Taunter are a deadly combination! ”
- ―Help Menu description [R&C]
The Taunter is a weapon manufactured by Gadgetron featured in Ratchet & Clank. It makes comedic noises when fired which draw enemies toward Ratchet and break crates. The weapon lacks ammunition restrictions and can be fired continuously.
The Taunter appears as a large megaphone, which performs exaggerated movements when fired. It is mostly a dark silver in appearance with a red center and tubes attached to it. Noises made by the Taunter are cartoon-like noises such as burps, whistles, car horns, and barks.
The Taunter is the most niche weapon in the game, and its use is very situational. However, as it lacks ammunition, there is no drawback to its use. The Taunter's main use is to pull enemies into traps such as electric walls. Additionally, the Taunter can be used in conjunction with the Mine Glove in order to lure enemies into mines.
Behind the scenes
In the beta version of the game the Taunter said 4 different lines in different pitched voices instead of the collection of sound effects it uses in the final game. These were:
- "Get over Here!"
- "Hail to the king, baby"
- "Oh, a wise guy."
- "You know your shoe lace is untied."
The Taunter's red center was originally blue, as seen in early renders.
The Taunter's sounds are actually a collection of library sound effects, possibly for the comedic effect.
- Taunter! Annoy your enemies and lure them into traps and ambuses with this obnoxious noise-maker!" - Vendor Description
- "While the Taunter doesn't have offensive capabilities, it's great for luring enemies into mines, forcefields, or simply into range of your other weapons. The Taunter will also activate any mines you've place into the environment, increasing their effective range. When used together, Gadgetron's Mine Glove and Taunter are a deadly combination!" - Help Menu Description