Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Star Explorer was a MegaCorp-made star fighter that Ratchet received to fulfill his commando missions for Mr. Abercrombie Fizzwidget. Over the next year, Ratchet fitted it with a Gravometric warp drive and an extra engine to return to the Solana Galaxy.
The Star Explorer had two standard laser cannons, auto-lock missile launchers, standard shielding and a warp drive. With more Raritanium (collected from 'space junk,' enemy fighter kills or Raritanium mines on the Planets Tabora and Grelbin), Ratchet could upgrade to enhanced versions of existing weapons and gadgets, or he could buy new paints jobs.
- Triple-Boost Acceleration Engine, 15 Raritanium
- Fusion Laser Cannons, 30 Raritanium
- Electro-Mine Launcher, 10 Raritanium
- Mega-Mine Launcher, 20 Raritanium
- Fast-Lock Missile Launcher, 20 Raritanium
- Torpedo Launcher, 10 Raritanium
- Multi-Torpedo Launcher, 20 Raritanium
- Advanced Shielding System, 20 Raritanium
- Ultra-Charge Shielding System, 40 Raritanium
- Nuclear Detonation Device, 60 Raritanium
- Hyperspace Warp System, 45 Raritanium
The Star Explorer basic model came equipped with a basic Blargian Red color, standard wings and nose. However, vendors such as Slim Cognito's Ship Shack and the one aboard the Starship Phoenix offered Ratchet the chance to change the look of the Explorer with Hi-Lift Wings, Heavy Ordinance Wings, a scoop Nose, or a split Nose. Additionally, new paint jobs for the starfighter became available when Ratchet acquired more skill points. See the list of Star Explorer paint jobs for a full list of the available paint jobs in Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal.
*Note that all wings/paint jobs/noses cost 5 Raritanium each in Going Commando, and had no effect on combat attributes.
Endorsement dealOne of MegaCorp's endorsement deals involved a new Star Explorer that cost 4,640,000,000 bolts.
- Spaceships looking very similar in appearance to the Star Explorer could be seen floating around in the Spaceship Graveyard, especially in Qwark's section in Secret Agent Clank.