Skill points were special or exceptional things that Ratchet could complete in the Ratchet & Clank series. They were used to unlock secrets, bonuses, and in most of the games, cheats from the Cheats Menu. The actual method of completing skill points was not told in the games, apart from Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, and Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus until completing them.
- Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, and Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus are the only games in the series so far to reveal the requirements of a skill point before it is earned.
- The skill points from Ratchet: Deadlocked also render bolt rewards.
- In Ratchet & Clank, when you get a skill point, it says "You just earned a Skill Point!" In Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal and Size Matters, it says "You got a Skill Point!" In Ratchet: Deadlocked, it shows the name of the skill point and the amount of bolts earned for getting it. In Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, it says "Skill Point Acquired: (name of skill point)."
- On the HD versions of the game, hunting skill points is made easier due to the fact that most Trophies are unlocked by getting a certain skill points. These trophies are not hidden like the skill points menu, so the player can start collecting these trophies, eventually getting the Skill points.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus