Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ratchet & Clank Future saga is a saga of games in the Ratchet & Clank series. It started off with Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, followed by Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, continued with Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and ended with Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. The name "Future" may have been included because of the evolution of the visuals and gameplay in the games for the PS3, or simply to denote the saga's intertwined story. After A Crack in Time, the story is continued with the Ratchet & Clank comic series, and several spin-offs. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is an epilogue to the story arc of the Future saga.
The main protagonist is Ratchet, just like in the main series.
The Future saga takes a more dramatic turn from the original Ratchet & Clank series. It starts off with Ratchet searching for the fate of the Lombaxes in Tools of Destruction and later evolves with Clank having a connection with the Zoni. Qwark also returns, and in A Crack in Time, Nefarious and Lawrence return as the main antagonists with a plan on using the Great Clock to re-write history.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (released in 2007)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (released in 2008)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (released in 2009)
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (released in 2013; epilogue of the Future saga)
Behind the scenes
The European versions of the games do not carry the "Future" subtitle and are simply prefixed with "Ratchet & Clank." This is because of the difficulty in translating the word "Future" into multiple languages.
- “We set off to basically show Ratchet something about his past.”
- ―TJ Fixman talking about the Future saga [source needed]
The Future saga story was designed to answer a lot of questions about Ratchet and Clank, but the developers did not want to answer every single question, leaving some questions unanswered for discussion or potential future adventures.
Notes and references
- ↑ http://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/13021233491
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnSsRxzZJ8
- ↑ "Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Coming to PS3 This Holiday" - James Stevenson, PlayStation Blog
- ↑ http://ign.com/videos/2012/09/05/remembering-ratchet-and-clank-the-10th-anniversary-celebration-panel-pax-2012