- “ This close-range arm cannon fires a burst of energy that blasts enemies back in time. A time when resolution was a lot lower ”
- ―Weapon Description [R&C (PS4)]
The Pixelizer was a shotgun weapon developed by Gadgetron. It fired blasts of green energy that would damage any enemy caught in the blast. It would also pixelate enemies damaged in the blast. Enemies killed by the weapon were left pixelated and broke apart in pixels afterwards. Ratchet could also break the pixelated enemies apart himself.
At V5, the Pixelizer would upgrade into the Pixeliser HD. It dealt more damage and allowed the user to charge up the weapon for a larger blast.
- Ammo: Increases ammo capacity.
- Range: Increases how far the blast can reach.
- Area of Effect: Increases how wide the blast can reach.
- Overclock Tweak: Decreases the amount of time it takes to charge the Megablast 64 from the Pixelizer HD.
- Health Genie: Gives the Pixelizer a chance to generate Nanotech from enemies killed by it.
- Ammo Shark: Gives the Pixelizer a chance to generate ammo from enemies killed by it.
- Double Buffer: Increases rate of fire.
- The weapon bears similarities to the Pixelator, a weapon created and submitted by Drew Wise for the My Blaster Runs Hot weapon contest.
- Insomniac Games has stated that making the enemies pixelate was one of the hardest challenges to accomplish in the game's development.
- Ratchet & Clank (2016 game) (first appearance)