The OmniWrench 8000 could be used to perform several attacks. These were:
- A basic attack, which was just one or two swings of the wrench.
- Multi-Strike, three full swings of the wrench. The third hit was slower but dealt a little more damage.
- Hyper-Strike, the most powerful attack, Ratchet would jump and attack enemies from above.
- Comet-Strike, Ratchet would throw his Wrench, which could potentially hit multiple enemies. The magnetism of the wrench would also bring in bolts from a distance.
Ratchet & Clank
It was unknown where Ratchet acquired his OmniWrench 8000, but he was first seen using it to create his ship. After he met Clank, he set off on an adventure using his wrench more as weapon than a tool. He also used it to threaten Drek's Robot Lieutenant and turn bolt cranks.
In the Bogon Galaxy, Ratchet continued to use his wrench as a weapon. During his adventures, Ratchet found two more powerful versions of the OmniWrench 8000. He found an improved version of his wrench, the OmniWrench 10000, in a cave on planet Tabora. It was blue, had orange highlights, and sharper teeth. On the Thugs-4-Less Prison above Aranos, Ratchet found a third wrench, the OmniWrench 12000, that was colored red-orange with teeth similar to the first wrench. Each one was more powerful than the last.
Up Your Arsenal
In Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet used the OmniWrench 12000 - although it is simply referred to as the "OmniWrench 8000." While initially weaker than it was in the Bogon Galaxy, the power of the wrench increased as Ratchet's maximumNanotech was upgraded, noticeable by the change in the air-swipe from when he swung it. Interestingly, in the Moves help menu, it shows this Wrench, not the OmniWrench 12000.
Ratchet & Clank (2016)
In the 2016 movie and video game, Ratchet utilized his OmniWrench 8000, with identical appearance to the OmniWrench Millenium 12. However, it lacked the special functions of the Millenium 12.
Behind the scenes
- In several of the menus in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Ratchet: Deadlocked the OmniWrench 8000 appeared instead of the wrench that Ratchet actually used in-game.
- The weapon looked very similar to a much larger version of a spanner, which are also used to turn bolts and fix certain things.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (menu only, and OmniWrench 12000 is referred to as OmniWrench 8000)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (in moves menu only)
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
- Ratchet & Clank (movie)