- “ I'd refrain from feeding the local wildlife, they can get quite testy. ”
- ―Abercrombie Fizzwidget Bot to group of Space Tourists [GC]
Mutant Test-Squirrels, also known as Test-Squirrels, were creatures that roamed Todano. They were bred by MegaCorp for weapon testing; however, squirrel rights groups protested, forcing MegaCorp to release them back into the wild. They were found at the MegaCorp Armory and attacked all visitors, including Space Tourists along the path, which is their most known and common prey besides Ratchet. A very effective weapon against these creatures was the Lava Gun. When tourists went past their territory, the squirrels hid in trees and struck when the tourists neared them.
- The skill point "You're My Hero" can be obtained by making sure that all tourists reached the end of the MegaCorp tour on Todano, unharmed by the Mutant Test-Squirrels.
- The skill point "Try to Sleep" can be earned by turning 15 of these creatures into sheep using the Sheepinator or the Black Sheepinator.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (first appearance)