The Map-O-Matic was an item which located valuable items and hidden locations by using Hypermatic signals. In Ratchet & Clank (2002 game) it could locate gold bolts and could be acquired from the HelpDesk Girl at the Gadgetron Site on planet Kalebo III. In Up Your Arsenal, it could locate titanium bolts and sewer crystals. In that game, it could be obtained by helping the Galactic Rangers on planet Kerwan. In Size Matters, it could locate titanium bolts and could be purchased from a Gadgetron vendor.
The Map-O-Matic was an illegal expansion to existing map technology.
Description in Size Matters
Featuring the latest techniques in quantum subspace detection and exploration, the Map-O-Matic is able to quickly and efficiently display all the areas of any planet! To use, simply view the planetary map - even secret areas are revealed with Gadgetron's Map-O-Matic!
- Ratchet & Clank (2002 game) (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (re-imagined Map-O-Matic)
Notes and references
- ↑ Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal Official Strategy Guide p127