|“||Can't read Lombax either, huh?||”|
Lombax was a language commonly used by Lombaxes and some other species. The written form mainly consisted of circles with different shapes 'cut out', often in the shape of machinery like bolts. Ratchet could not speak or read Lombax despite being one. There was Lombax writing written on the Aphelion spelling out the ship's name and the word 'angel'.
Behind the scenes
- Grant Hollis designed the Lombax font.
- The Lombax alphabet was found by taking the translations of the Lombax language seen written in Tools of Destruction and working out each letter in English.
- The letter J is not currently used in the game.
- Each letter appears to be based on a bolt or wrench.
- There are three typos in the cutscene on Rykan V on the door. The four sections of words are evenly split up, but when Talwyn says "You've traveled far, but to be clear," the word "clear" is actually beginning the fourth section. Also, the word "clear" is misspelled as "cleas." Lastly, Talwyn says "To quell the angry Cragmite storm" when the door says "To quell THIS angry Cragmite storm."
- "K" is actually used on the beginning of A Crack in Time where it says Captain Qwark on the bottom right corner of his "My Blaster Runs Hot" pictures.
- The letter J is currently unknown.
- The letter for X was revealed in All 4 One.
- The letter for Z was revealed in the endgame credits for Into the Nexus.
- The Lombax artifact that Ratchet acquires at planet Ardolis in Tools of Destruction has Lombax writing on it. When translated, it says "map."
- Qwark was able to read Lombax writing in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus