| "Using highly sophisticated technology, which you couldn't possibly understand, we will be extracting a large portion of your article and adding it to our new one."|
The laser sword was a weapon. Functionally, it was identical to the OmniWrench 12000. It was a melee weapon which could only be obtained using a cheat code, meant to be obtainable by completing the Sly 2 demo. The demo, however, does not have to be completed to obtain the saber, as only the code is needed to obtain it.
- Having the Dual Laser Saber equipped would essentially double the power of a Hyper-strike attack, as both ends of the blade would hit an enemy if it was at close range. This was particularly useful for the skill point Bash the bug, where you have to kill Scorpio using the wrench only.
- The same plays true for a Comet Strike attack, both ends of the blade would hit multiple times against larger enemies.
- It was the weapon of choice for most Ninja Bots and all Giant Ninjas.
- It should be noted that in some versions of the game, there is a bug that causes the Sly 2 demo to simply quit without displaying the code for the laser sword. However, the demo is not needed to use the code.
- During cutscenes, Ratchet will wield his Wrench, not the Laser sword.
- With Inferno mode activated, Ratchet held the Infernox wrench in his left hand and held the Laser sword in his right. The fire effect would still be in the wrench's shape.
- With Inferno mode activated, the blades of the Laser sword would still deal regular damage, but a direct hit would still instantaneously defeat an enemy.
- It highly resembles the double-bladed lightsaber that Darth Maul used in Episode I: The Phantom Menace, which had been recently released at the time. The primary difference is that the blades of Ratchet's "lightsaber" are purple (like the lightsaber of Mace Windu), whereas Darth Maul's saber had red blades (as did most Sith).
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (first appearance)