The Kyzil Plateau was the only city seen by Ratchet on the planet Veldin, which was where he also resided. A lot of lombax technology had been left scattered in the area. It was there that Drek failed to attempt destroying the entire planet with the Deplanetizer. It was also the area that was under attack by the tyhrranoids two years later when Ratchet helped the Galactic Rangers save Veldin from the attack led by Nefarious.
- The first part of the Kyzil Plateau in Ratchet & Clank was recreated in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, up to the point where a cavern was created through a cliff. The rest of Kyzil Plateau that was the first could also be seen in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, but was not playable.
- Due to the fact Ratchet's house was in Kyzil Plateau; in Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (Dreamtime), Ratchet entered his house where there were some rocks and sand outside his house that resembled Kyzil Plateau.
- This is the first planet that you play as the first level and last level.
- "Kyzil" (Қызыл) means "Red" in Kazakh, making Kyzil Plateau "Red Plateau."
- The main building of the Kyzil Plateau in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal has been inspired by Lombax ears
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War