Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Hoverboots were Lombax-engineered boots that allowed their wearer to move very quickly across areas using ion propusion. Invented by the Lombax Praetorian Guard during the early days of the Great War, hoverboots used zero-g pulse stabilizers and ion propulsion cells for propulsion. The Hoverboots's propulsion system also used ion coils, and the rusting of these coils caused a pair of hoverboots to shut off unexpectedly. To turn, the wearer simply had to shift his body weight, and the hoverboots would adjust their flight path accordingly. Hoverball was a sport played with Hoverboots, presumably invented by Lombaxes. Hoverboot races were also popular.
- Lombax version
Alister Azimuth used Hoverboots, and had much more experience with them than Ratchet. Alister Azimuth taught Ratchet how to use them, and taught Ratchet's father, Kaden as well. Ratchet had to collect a total of 23 flares around Monoloth Fields to complete Alister's training.
- Non-Lombax version
Ratchet could jump off ramps using the Hoverboots's accelerator. Ratchet could also latch onto bolt cranks by pressing Template:Icon, then use the left analog stick to steer, and press Template:Icon to let go, propelling him forward at great speeds. When hovering and gliding through the air, Ratchet sometimes encountered Kick pads. Using these was similar to Wall jumping, although Ratchet was in mid-air. Template:Icon made Ratchet kick off the pads to gain further momentum. Series of kick pads were set up to travese long gorges, like the ones found in Krell Canyon.
The Hoverboots could be equipped and un-equipped by pressing right on the directional pad. R2 was the accelerator. Ratchet could glide in the air by holding Template:Icon while he was in midair, replacing Clank's Heli-Pack/Thruster-Pack. Ratchet could jump long distances by accelerating the hoverboots to full speed and jumping, allowing him to reach otherwise inaccessible areas.
Behind the scenes
- “We brought back the Hoverboots because the levels are big and you need to be able to move around quickly.”
- ―Shaun McCabe, explaining the Hoverboots's appearance in Full Frontal Assault [source needed]
The Hoverboots were reintroduced in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault as during development the team were inspired by the Krell Canyon level from Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and the Hoverboots were needed to traverse the large level.
- Ratchet's Hoverboots were previously his father's.
- It's highly possible that the Hoverboots were intended to replace the Charge Boots from previous games.
- The skill point Head Like a Rock can be achieved while using the Hoverboots.
- Jet Boots from Secret Agent Clank functioned similarly.
- In Full Frontal Assault and Into the Nexus, there is an inconsistency with regards to the appearance of Ratchet's Hoverboots. The game states that "These Hoverboots are strikingly similar to Ratchet's own Hoverboots, passed down from his father, Kaden." In actuality, the Hoverboots Ratchet uses in Full Frontal Assault and Into the Nexus look nothing like the pair that was passed down from his father Kaden, even though they are his to begin with.The Hoverboots in Full Frontal Assault and Into the Nexus are blue and appear to be made of some kind of metal, whereas Kaden's Hoverboots were a brown color and appeared to be made from the skin of some type of animal, although it may be possible that Ratchet has done some modifications to it since A Crack in Time.
- Apparently, Ratchet could have Reverse-Engineer and make his own Hoverboots, which might explain how Qwark and Clank acquired some in Full Frontal Assault.
- After arriving on Planet Thram in Into The Nexus, Ratchet claims that his Hoverboots were destroyed when the Nebulox Seven exploded, but in reality, somehow survived the explosion and were found by the Smuggler.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (first appearance—Lombax version)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (first appearance—non-Lombax version)
- Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Notes and references
- ↑ http://www.thestream.tv/watch.php?v=1488 - about 30 mins in.
- ↑ The Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time description.
- ↑ Alister says that when you are first using them.
- ↑ Alister says this if you stand next to him for a while on Torren IV
- ↑ http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/73&ch=1&sd=0?ep=73&ch=1&sd=0
- ↑ PAX Prime 2012 - Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault Preview
- ↑ Preview - Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Overview
- ↑ Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus Demo Live Stream with Q&A from Brian Allgeier
|es = Botas aerodeslizantes