- “ You couldn't hit the broad side of my fitness trainer! ”
- ―Qwark, refering to Helga during his battle with Ratchet [R&C]
Helga von Streissenburgen, commonly shortened to Helga, was Qwark's robotic fitness trainer who ironically had a rather plump body. She later became a member of the Galactic Fleet's Q-Force, where she gained the rank of Training Officer.
Ratchet & Clank
- “ Listen up, you lardballs! That was the most pathetic display I have ever seen on that obstacle course! ”
- ―Helga [R&C]
In Ratchet & Clank (2002 game), Helga was supposed to give Ratchet and Clank the Swingshot for completing Captain Qwark's fitness course. However, because she believed the Lombax disgraced her obstacle course, so that she made Ratchet pay 1,000 bolts for the gadget. After paying for the gadget, Ratchet comments on how Captain Qwark must use gadgets like the Swingshot all the time, she laughs and ridicules the two before heading off in a taxi.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalIn Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, it was Helga's job to get Ratchet and Clank into tip-top shape as they saved the galaxy. She provided assistance at the Starship Phoenix and trained Ratchet using battle simulators. She also made all of the Phoenix's crew take mandatory exercise classes and eat her "healthy" meals. In this game, she was also a member of Qwark's Q-Force, chosen for her "sensual powers of seduction." During the events of Up Your Arsenal, fellow QForce member Big Al admitted having a crush on her over the Phoenix's intercom. She was romantically involved with Big Al. During the events of Up Your Arsenal, she said "Al, dear." She also made various insults and comments at Ratchet such as calling them pansies, and threatening to "twist them up like a wet noodle" on the wrestling mat.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Although Helga was not actually in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Qwark mentioned her while narrating for the Imperial Fight Festival. During the challenge "Light A Match Mustachio!," Qwark commented on the Lombax snooze mist and said, "I haven't experienced gas this deadly… since I took Helga to that all-you-can-eat Grubsnucker buffet on planet Veldin."
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
During the ending of the game, when Qwark runs in circles around the asteroid he is stuck on to avoid getting eaten by Snowball who is hungry for blood, he yells "Ratchet! Clank! Helga!"
Ratchet & Clank' demo
Helga appeared in the demo of the first game with a slightly different design, appearing far less robotic and more organic in nature, and also wearing full fitness gear without a Qwark symbol.
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
While not appearing as part of the main game's story, Helga did appear as a playable multiplayer skin.
Family and significant relations
Helga was known to be in a relationship with Big Al.
She and Qwark were very good friends, and she generally went out her way to protect him. She was also very concerned for his physical fitness.
Helga was loud, aggressive, hot headed, ignorant and self-confident, always considering Ratchet and Clank as weaklings and thinking that she could easily beat them in tasks such as who would do better on the fitness course, and wrestling matches. She had a softer side however, although she only ever seemed to show it to Qwark and Al.
Skills and abilities
Helga constantly portrays herself as being extremely physically fit, and this is proven in the Up Your Arsenal skill point "Beat Helga's best time," which states that she completed the "VR Hacker & Hypershot" training course in 0:50 seconds.
Additionally, she is said to be quite physically powerful, believing herself capable of defeating Ratchet and Clank in a wrestling match. When Qwark was under threat of being killed by his War Grok Snowball, Helga was the third person who he considered would be able to save him from the War Grok (the first two being Ratchet and Clank).
Behind the scenes
- The voice for Helga was provided by Mona Marshall.
- Helga had a heavy German acent, and was also able to speak German. Her last name in a promotional poster is revealed to be "von Streissenburgen." The "von" in the surname "von Streissenburgen" is a sign of noble lineage.
- Helga was only known by "Qwark's fitness trainer" in the original Ratchet & Clank (2002 game); her real name, even her first name, was never mentioned until Up Your Arsenal.
- Ratchet & Clank (2002 game) (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (skin only)