The Gyro-cycle was a motorcycle like gadget that which used a huge ring as a wheel. It was developed by the Center for Advanced Lombax Research. Riding through hypergates gave the Gyro-cycle an instant speed burst. Bumping in to crates on the Gyro-cycle would break them open. To begin using the Gyro-cycle, it had to be activated from a Gyro Launcher. Once activated, the Gyro Launcher would catapult the Gyro-cycle into the air. The Gyro-cycle would automatically deactivate when its rider reached his desired destination.
Use by Ratchet
The Gyro-cycle was purchased from the Smuggler by Ratchet for 5,000 bolts. The Smuggler had previously bought the Gyro-cycle from a Lombax (presumably Kaden) who modified the Gyro-cycle with a terrathruster. The terrathruster gave the Gyrocycle an instant speed burst, allowing the user to cover more ground faster.
- Left analog stick: move the Gyro-cycle.
- X: engage the terrrathruster for a speed burst.
- Triangle: launch from a Gyro Launcher.
Behind the scenes
The Gyro-cycle was originally going to be a SIXAXIS controlled vehicle. However, after extensive testing, Insomniac found that the precision that they wanted for the Gyro-cycle required the analog stick.
Notes and references
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57eBzE5FG6U This is the section of Rykan V with the Gyro-cycle.
- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cam-walkthrough-ratchet/25115 A developer walkthrough with the Gyro-cycle.