Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Gyro-cycle was a motorcycle like gadget that which used a huge ring as a wheel. It was developed by the Center for Advanced Lombax Research. Riding through hypergates gave the Gyro-cycle an instant speed burst. Bumping in to crates on the Gyro-cycle would break them open. To begin using the Gyro-cycle, it had to be activated from a Gyro Launcher. Once activated, the Gyro Launcher would catapult the Gyro-cycle into the air. The Gyro-cycle would automatically deactivate when its rider reached his desired destination.
Use by Ratchet
The Gyro-cycle was purchased from the Smuggler by Ratchet for 5,000 bolts. The Smuggler had previously bought the Gyro-cycle from a Lombax (presumably Kaden) who modified the Gyro-cycle with a terrathruster. The terrathruster gave the Gyrocycle an instant speed burst, allowing the user to cover more ground faster.
- Left analog stick: move the Gyro-cycle.
- X: engage the terrrathruster for a speed burst.
- Triangle: launch from a Gyro Launcher.
Behind the scenes
The Gyro-cycle was originally going to be a SIXAXIS controlled vehicle. However, after extensive testing, Insomniac found that the precision that they wanted for the Gyro-cycle required the analog stick.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (mentioned only)
Notes and references
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57eBzE5FG6U This is the section of Rykan V with the Gyro-cycle.
- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cam-walkthrough-ratchet/25115 A developer walkthrough with the Gyro-cycle.