Gaspar was an uninhabitable volcanic planet it was also home to the large and vast lava fields which the giant Telepathopi roamed and, later, Drek's blarg Mercenaries, as well. It was here Dr. Nefarious set up a special facility.
Ratchet & Clank invaded Nefarious's facility fighting their way through blarg troops and chompers and shooting down reinforced metal doors to soon find one of Nefarious's secret projects, the Grind Boots. Ratchet uses the Grind Boots to grind the rails going into the lava fields. They encounter a Blargian scientist working for Chairman Drek whom takes a liking interest to Ratchet & Clank and hires them to collect Telepathopus brain samples from Nefarious's experiments, exchanging them for a jetpack, bolts and most importantly an Infobot with news that Drek is moving to attack a Ranger outpost on planet Batalia.
Blarg Research Outpost
Nefarious developed several projects here, including his secret project, Grind Boots.
- Blarg Research Station
- Sector three
- Lava Fields
- Blarg Depot
Characters on Gaspar
- Blarg Generator
- Blarg Trooper
- Blarg Dropship Model X67s
- Darter Bat
- Sandshark Nest
- Toxic Crab
Differences between original
- The facility here was set up and ran by Dr. Nefarious.
- Ratchet & Clank acquire several new gadgets while in the original they came to Gaspar just to acquire the Pilot's Helmet.
- The Jetpack which originally appeared in Into the Nexus makes an appearance.
- The Jetpack is used.
- The area with the re-fueling Blarg Bombers has been removed. A large free roaming area where you hunt for Telepathopus Brains has taken it's place.
- The volcano where a gold bolt was hidden has been replaced with a refinery.