- “ Traditional blades are swapped out for lightweight, super fast Carbonox-fibre blades. ”
- ―Weapon Description [R&C (PS4)]
The Doom Blades was the V5 version of the Buzz Blades in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. The weapon was engineered by Kerchu carpenters and manufactured by GrummelNet. It was the most highly advanced form of GrummelNet's "Smirking Ninja" weapon line. Each blade was soaked in a high molarity, Raritanium-piercing hydro chloro biocidic acid that would continue damaging enemies long after the blade had found its mark.
Tools of Destruction
Without Raritanium upgrades, the Doom Blades had an ammo capacity of 200 saw blades. Each saw blade dealt 93 damage. In Challenge Mode, the Omega Doom Blades could be bought for 8,000,000 bolts if the player had upgraded the Buzz Blades into the Doom Blades.
A Crack in Time
The Doom Blades had an ammo capacity of 150 saw blades. In Challenge Mode, the Omega Doom Blades could be bought for 312,000 bolts if the player had upgraded the Buzz Blades into the Doom Blades. This price was significantly less than the Omega Doom Blades' 8,000,000 bolts price tag in Tools of Destruction. The Doom Blades in this game are very powerful, even up to Challenge Mode, as it is able to take out some of the strong enemies in a few shots.
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
The Doom Blades fires out saw blades that travels much faster and bounces off enemies more rapidly. Each saw blade also leaves behind red trails instead of the usual blue color. The weapon is different than the previous versions as it lacks a handle that it's used to wield the Doom Blades with two hands.
"Congratulations! You've just upgraded to Doom Blades! Each blade now packs an explosive pyrocidic punch!"
- In Tools of Destruction, Ratchet held the Doom Blades as a two-handed weapon. In A Crack in Time, he held the Doom Blades like a pistol, even though it still had the handle for his other hand. The similar thing also is in Full Frontal Assault when upgrading it to Alpha Buzz Blades. In Ratchet & Clank (PS4), the Doom Blades no longer has a handle to hold it with two hands.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)