The Combuster, also known as the Combustor in European versions of the games, is a blaster that launches high-velocity fireballs of superheated plasma at enemies. This weapon has a medium firing rate, much like that of the N60 Storm, and is used better from far away. Each shot bursts out a blue spark when it comes in contact.
The Combuster upgrades into the Magmabuster at V5, which adds two additional barrels to the weapon for a total of three plasma balls per shot.
- “ The Combuster is the backbone of the Rangers' arsenal, allowing you to shoot targets in a short to medium range. ”
- ―Captain Qwark [R&C (movie)]
- “ This blaster fires burning balls of plasma. Does light damage but has a deep ammo pool and is a good fallback weapon for any situation. ”
- ―Weapon description [R&C (PS4)]
- “ The Combuster is spelled "Combustor" in Europe, because Europe is fancy. ”
- ―Holocard description (America) [R&C (PS4)]
- “ The Combustor is spelled "Combustor" in Europe, because Europe is fancy. ”
- ―Holocard description (Europe) [R&C (PS4)]
- Ammo x2: Increases ammo capacity of said weapon by 50 per upgrade.
- Rate of fire x16: Increases how fast gun can be fired in succession by 10% per upgrade.
- Bonus bolts x7: Increases bolts gained from killing an enemy with said weapon by 5% per upgrade.
- BOGO Plasma (middle): Increases the amount of ammunition gained from crates.
- Heavy Plasma (left): Allows Combuster shots to knock back opponents.
- Stable Plasma (right): Gives shots extra range, allowing them to hit opponents from farther away.
- Prism Facets: Gains the ability to shoot two extra bullets per shot.
- Note: The Omega Magmabuster must be obtained before this upgrade becomes available.