|“||Aww! Crankin' nodes makes me dizzy!||”|
— Merc, commenting on cranking a bolt crank, DL
Bolt cranks were technology used to open doors, activate elevators, etc. They were activated by turning the bolt on the bolt crank with a wrench.
In Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile, the bolt cranks had to be slammed in the ground with a wrench.
DreadZone used these a lot of bolt cranks to challenge their heroes into getting towards the next part of a challenge and attempting to turn the bolt crank would summon enemies. They could be found a throughout the Solana, Polaris, Bogon galaxies and the digital world as well. Ratchet, Merc and Green are the only known persons to turn bolt cranks.
Bolt cranks used a special kind of bolt called the VersaBot.
- In Tools of Destruction, you do not need to rotate the L3 button to turn a bolt crank. Just keeping the button pressed in any direction will work.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)