Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Blarg Tactical Research Station (BTS) was Drek's research lab and weapon-testing center. The Grind Boots were developed here, as well as many other illegal gadgets. The Station was in the Nebula G34 and was connected to several asteroids to refine the metal in them for testing.
On return visits, the player would find that the Blarg Space Commandos scattered around the main path to the grind boots were mostly replaced with Space Mutants.
While in BTS, Ratchet and Clank could travel to a warship outside the Station, which contained new Blargian technology. The duo could "press the big red shiny button" to activate the warship's self-destruct system, which would cause a countdown to commence, giving Ratchet and Clank enough time to escape the ship before it exploded.
Clank could be controlled for the first time in the Ratchet & Clank games by exploring outside the station, where Ratchet could not go without an O2 Mask. It was there that the gadgebots made their first appearance, and where Clank found the Hydrodisplacer.
Characters on BTS
- A planet resembling neptune was visible outside the station.
- According to cut audio files, the Gemlik Base was originally going to be located at Nebula G34 instead, and Gold Weapons would be bought from here instead.
- If the player were in the little orange room or area with several fumes and the Versa Swingshot targets, they could look up at the ceiling and they would see that it was actually an open area above, but Ratchet could still somehow breathe.
- Insomniac Games artist Chad Dezern (now the North Carolina studio director) drew a piece of concept art named "Asteroid Observatory" for the first game that showed many of the hallmarks of a trademark Ratchet & Clank level - hoses, antennae, and clustered building composition. This picture later became the inspiration for Nebula G34 - Blarg Tactical Research Station, or as they called it back then, level 6.
In each of the small computer monitors scattered around the station, if the first person view was used to see the screen, Dan's face was visible with an arrow pointing at him.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)