Anthropods were burrowing beetles that popped out the ground in groups to attack Ratchet when he least expected it.
The Anthropods bore a great resemblance to the Terratropes, in A Crack in Time. They had exactly the same appearance apart from the color. They may have been a subspecies of the Anthropods. The Terratropes were often found with Breegus Wasps, which bore resemeblence to the Grubsnuckers, meaning most likely that the Terratrope and Anthropods were related.
In Tools of Destruction it took a single hit to eliminate these critters. Ratchet needed to keep an eye out for them, especially when fighting a Grunthor, as they served as a deadly distraction during difficult fights. They were often found with Grubsnuckers. Even though almost any weapon would work good against them, in large swarms, the Pyro Blaster and Shock Ravager worked very well in Tools of Destruction.
However, in All 4 One it could take several blows to finish them off.
The Anthropods on Sargasso were incredibly useful for getting the following skill points (in order):
- Chorus Line
- Disco Inferno (only kill one Anthropod with the Pyro Blaster)
- It's Like the South Pole Here
- Happy Feat
- Say Hello to My Little Friend
- It was tied with the Space pirates for the most recurring enemy, as it appeared in five Ratchet & Clank games.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault