Ammunition, often referred to as ammo, was a crucial possession of Ratchet to complement his weaponry. Ammunition could be purchased from vendors by Gadgetron, MegaCorp, Vox Industries and GrummelNet. Ammo could also be purchased from a PDA, acquired from special Ammo crates, and Ammo Pads. Some weapons did not need any ammo at all, such as the Suck Cannon and Chimp-o-Matic.
- In the first Ratchet & Clank game, the ammunition you could pick up were unique to each weapon. However, from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando onwards, all ammunition were represented by one cartridge. In the Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank, and the Future series, the same model was used for all of the ammo cartridges, but had different skins depending on the weapon the ammo was for.
- In Tools of Destruction, Aphelion talked about Seeker ammo, that means there's a possibility that fighting crafts must use different kinds of ammo.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
- Ratchet & Clank: Clone Home
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)